Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Assignment 30A – Final Reflection

Final Reflection – EdTech Methods
I can't believe this will be my final post for this course. I have to admit that this hasn't been my favorite course but, having said that, I feel like I have learned so much this semester. I have had good times and bad with the assignments. Sometimes, they were a lot more work than I expected and I got very overloaded. Other times, I enjoyed working on the assignments. Overall, it has been a good experience.

The most formative experience I had during this course was probably learning more about failure, and more importantly, changing my attitude about failure. Before, I dreaded failure and tried to avoid it, but now I see failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. This change in mindset will stick with me for the rest of my life and help me achieve more in the future. The experience that brought me the most joy was developing my business idea. I am very proud of how my idea grew from the beginning of the class to the end. It is by no means a revolutionary business idea, but it is a valid business concept that I believe would be successful. I learned so much from doing all of the assignments that contributed to my final venture concept. I also really enjoyed all of the reading assignments. I ended up reading the biographies of Steve Jobs and Elon Musk, and also a book about mindsets called, "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success". I learned a lot from reading all of these books, especially the one about mindsets. I now know more about cultivating a growth mindset. That will help me to continue to learn and grow in all areas of my life. 
I have definitely developed more of an entrepreneurial mindset by doing the assignments in this course. I will now think about problems differently and try to think of solutions for problems I encounter. I still am not sure if I am cut out to be an entrepreneur, but I do feel like I understand more about what it takes to be one after taking this course.

One recommendation I would give for students taking this course in the future would be to read over the assignments a week before they are due to see what they require. Interviews have to be completed for some of the assignments and that can take quite a bit of time. Many assignments are more time consuming than they seem, so give yourself plenty of time to complete the assignments to avoid extra stress. Also, try your best to do all of the assignments, even if they are uncomfortable. I avoided the "Elevator Pitch" assignments and really regret not taking that opportunity to learn and grow. Completing all of the assignments will also help you to develop more of an entrepreneurial mindset by the end of the course. So, do your best and have an open mind. If you do these things you will learn a lot and be successful in the course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment