Friday, April 10, 2020

Assignment 25A – What’s Next?


Existing Market

I think the next step for my coffee shop would be to expand the size of the shop, offering more seating for groups to gather, and a place for local musicians and artists to perform.

I would like to start small on the physical size of the shop, with room to expand. This way, I can save money in the beginning and not go overboard and have unused space. I would leave the option to easily expand and add more seating if necessary.

I would also like to eventually add a place for local artists to perform occasionally. There is no other alcohol-free, indoor venue in my town. I would like to offer a family-friendly atmosphere for performers and guests. This would give younger artists a good place to perform and showcase their talent.

New Market

I also think that a juice bar would be a popular addition to my business that would appeal to some of the same market, but also people who might not enjoy coffee. This would be a healthy option and would provide something cool and refreshing on hot summer days. We could offer a limited menu of 5-10 juice options. We could change the flavors seasonally, or perhaps just offer juices in the warmer months.

I think this move makes sense to attract new customers but isn’t too different than the original business. I believe this would also be successful because of the lack of competition in the local market and the popularity of juice bars.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kindra,
    I definitely think it's smart to start small first to get your bearings and see how things go. But I absolutely love the idea of having more space and the addition of a space for local musicians to perform their music. There's a coffee shop in my hometown that has expanded to add tons of seating, with a space for more socializing and a space for the people who need quiet so that they can get work done. From time to time they will host local musical artists, and it's definitely made their shop super popular in my town. I think doing something like this in the future would draw a ton of people to your business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kindra,
    I know in my town that any type of small, local juice and coffee shop is always very popular. It definitely is a venture that can go hand in hand. One of the most important things to differentiate from other places in the interior decoration and the vibe of the restaurant itself. I definitely have chosen favorite spots just based on the atmosphere, rather than the product itself.
    ~Mady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is the best route! Getting recognition within your town and surrounding towns will allow you to plan for future events. There is a coffee shop in my town that is a college hot spot during the day and turns into an indie bar that hosts many poetry nights and local bands. This can draw in customers who came for the band and came back the next day for coffee! I do enjoy juice bars, I wonder if adding this to the same spot would be confusing for the customer or is it better to have an all in one? I think if you created a successful brand name, then it would be easier to branch out to other types of services.

    ReplyDelete