Friday, February 28, 2020

Assignment 14A – Halfway Reflection

Image result for image for tenacity
Tenacity & Paying It Forward
At first, I thought ENT3003 (Principles of Entrepreneurship) 
would be a pretty easy course. I thought taking a course with no 
exams and a few weekly assignments didn't sound too difficult.
While it's definitely not one of the most challenging courses I've 
taken, it has still proven to be a challenge. The assignments 
themselves are not difficult, but they can be time consuming. I 
have a bad tendency to put things off until the last minute, but 
that does not work well for this course. I have learned to give 
myself at least a couple of days to work on an assignment. That 
way, I'm not scrambling to get them done at the last minute. I 
learned this lesson the hard way, by not having adequate time to 
complete a couple of the assignments. I did have a moment 
where I almost felt like giving up when this happened, but 
decided it wasn't the end of the world and I just needed to give
myself more time to complete each assignment. So, from my 
experience of the first two months of ENT3003, I offer a few tips.
1. Start on assignments at least three days before due dates. The 
due date is always on Friday, so get started by Tuesday each 
week. That way you will have plenty of time to complete and 
perfect your posts, and it will be a lot less stressful! 2. Even if 
something happens and you do miss an assignment, don't stress! 
There are 100 points in this class and missing an assignment
or two will not be the end of the world. 3. Keep going! It's only 
4 months until you're finished. You can do it! Nothing in life 
worth while comes easy. So, even when things seem hard, you 
just have to do your best to push through. In the end, you will be 
happy that you didn't give up. Even if you do not succeed at 
making an "A", you'll still come out ahead with more 
experience and knowledge, and be even closer to finishing your 
degree!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kindra,
    I couldn’t relate to your first few sentences more. This course definitely has a reputation for being an Easy A. I had no idea how much work I would have to put in to achieve an “Easy A”. I agree with all of your advice and tend to follow the same routine myself. I agree that this course is rewarding and definitely worthwhile in the long run.
    ~Mady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kindra!

    I love your tip to keep going. Oftentimes the things that are difficult and time-consuming make us want to give up, but that's what makes them worth doing. It's important in life, regardless of whether or not you're an entrepreneur, to be able to push through and keep going even when things get hard. I love that you made the point that it's just 4 months and then you're finished. It reminded me of when I run. Sometimes it sucks in the moment, but I always feel proud of myself for sticking it out and finishing strong. The same idea applies to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with most of the points you mentioned. It is true it may take much longer than you planed, it is very time consuming especially when there are 2 or 3 huge write-ups assignments due a week. I agree that you better start working on assignments early to give it some time and split it up among a few days. It is helpful to have an extra day or two to proof read and sometimes in my case better deliver/express/explain an idea that I wanted to write about .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindra, I agree! I think the key to the course is having consistency and having a general interest in the topic. I find that people who try to white-knuckle their way through business courses inevitably do poorly. You need to have a legitimate interest in the topic. Beyond that, you need to be ready to explore new information and ways of thinking about things. You have to be comfortable doing analysis in an out-side the box manner.

    ReplyDelete