Friday, March 13, 2020

Assignment 16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?

Know Thyself


Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.

  • I have a high level of empathy that can help me relate to others.
  • I am good with numbers and accounting.
  • I am determined once I set a goal.
  • I have years of experience in business and entrepreneurship.
  • I am a mother of four so I am good at multitasking.

Interviews of the five people who know me best.


#1. My husband, Karl 
Karl's Interview
He says that empathy is one of my main strengths. He talks about how empathy can be useful in understanding others feelings and how that can be helpful in business.

#2. My mom
Mom's Interview
She talks about my integrity, my knowledge of numbers, and open-mindedness. She also says that I'm fair but firm, and likable.

#3 My dad (he is an entrepreneur himself and I help him with his business)
Dad's Interview (Please excuse the crunching sounds. My son was eating chips nearby 😜)
He says I'm goal oriented and determined to make my goals a reality. He also says I'm even-tempered, intelligent, and good with numbers.

#4 My sister, Megan
Megan's Interview
She says I'm a perfectionist and detail oriented. I'm empathetic and I'm good with people. She also says I'm good at running things, like my household and having my kids and family places on time. 

#5 My sister, Jenna
Jenna's Interview
She says I'm very organized and a high achiever. She also says I have high expectations and a no-nonsense attitude.

(Just for fun) My son, Ezra, age 4
Ezra's Interview
He agrees that I'm a good person, honest, smart, and he loves me. πŸ’“


Conclusion.


I see myself very similar to how my family sees me. That probably has a lot to do with the fact that they let me know frequently what they think of me! My husband and I talk about my empathy a lot so that was not surprising that it was the first quality he thought about. It wasn't surprising that my parents both talked about me being good with numbers, because I currently help them with the accounting part of their business and my best subject in school was always math. I'm not surprised that my sisters focused in on my high achiever personality as I have always been that way. That goes along with the quality I mentioned in being determined once I set a goal. I wouldn't change anything on my list, but could add a few things based on what my family said about me. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kindra!
    I love that empathy was one of the words that you and your family used to describe you. Empathy is such an amazing quality to have, especially in entrepreneurship, because people want to work for people that genuinely care about them and want to understand them. It's super important to show people that you value them and appreciate their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kindra!

    These qualities can really help you in running a potential business in the future! The fact that your good with numbers and have had years of experience in business also puts you ahead of many people. When people initially start out, they need time to figure out the logistics, accounting aspect and other financial factors. Since you've already been exposed to these areas, and help your parent's with their finances you've already got essential components in your secret sauce!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Kindra!
    Again you always impress me with how well you format your assignments. Every week I can consistently tell that you put a lot of time and effort into these assignments. I appreciate you throwing in your son’s interview, it made me smile. Overall I think you did a good job in identifying how you and the world see yourself almost the same.
    ~Mady

    ReplyDelete